Mar 21, 2013

Why I Run


Running soothes the soul | Whenever I'm upset, I go to the gym. I get on the treadmill, and surprisingly, whatever problems I had before I get on it are gone by the time 3 miles are done. It clears my mind and my soul. Oftentimes the 35 or so minutes I'm running are the only time I get completely to myself a day. Running takes me wherever I want or need to go that day. 

It makes me feel strong | There is no better feeling than a runner's high. Simple as that. The feeling that I get during the last few minutes of my runs while I'm pushing myself to get better are comparable to finishing my senior speech/getting into college/etc etc. For a few moments, nothing else in the world matters. 

I really, really, really like to eat | I'm still about 99% sure that I only actually make myself run because I like to fit into my clothes and that I feel better when I'm at my old "in season" weight. I also enjoy eating, a lot. Running allows me to continue to enjoy to eat.


I don't claim to be a super runner, and I don't know if I ever desire to run a marathon. Once upon a time, I used to be a 6:30 or 7 minute miler, and now I average about 9:30 or 10, but right now, I'm okay with that. I am where I am right now, and I'm still pushing myself to get better every day. And every day that I lace up my shoes and get out there and run, I do. 

xx

2 comments:

  1. Love this post--I feel the exact same way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you have an exercise that you love and helps you relieve stress (and makes you able to eat ha)
    oxox
    SC

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments! Thanks for leaving one! XOXO