Aug 8, 2012

Summer, Kind Of Crazy

Hello again y'all!

I feel like I have been such an awful blogger this summer! Honestly, I've been suffering hard core from writers block! I have so much to catch y'all up on from the end of Junior Year, to camp, to my week in Georgetown for Operation Smile, to all the crafts I've been doing, to my getting ready for Senior Year!
In true Royar fashion, I've spent exactly fourteen nights at home this summer. Fourteen y'all. Fourteen days I've spent in my house, my city, driving around where I live. A part of me is completely okay with it, because my city has never truly felt like home to me. I love Virginia, don't get me wrong, but I've spent a lot more time away from home than normal teenagers.  But another part of me realizes that in less than a year, I'll be starting college, and I'll never live at home for an extended period of time again. 

My senior year is fast approaching, aka cross-country starts next Monday, something which I've barely prepared for.  I've also read approximately 1/6th of 1 of the 6 books I have to read for summer reading. I'm clearly chomping at the bit for school to start, right?

I've already applied to one college, and hopefully will have some good news come the end of August right as I head back.  I also have senior pictures next week. Crazy, right? I've been working really hard to tan out my lifeguard suit strap marks since we just do a formal drape pose. 

I wish I could say my life is way more exciting than tanning, scheduling appointments, and reading books, but it's really all I've been up to this week. Other to-dos involve consigning some clothes, volunteering at a race I'm unable to run in (boo-hiss foot injuries!), and writing college essays!

What are you up to this week?

xoxo,

Royar
{The Young Southern Prep}

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 14 nights, haha; you've been busy! Best of luck with the college apps, pictures, and senior year!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments! Thanks for leaving one! XOXO