Mar 9, 2012

The Smart Girl's Group

Hi y'all! I have some really great news!!! I've been working on a new project for a few weeks started by Emily at The Wide World Of E! Today, I introduce to you:

The Smart Girls Group is more than anything a movement to empower girls that they are all smart in their own ways and "the real smart girl" is one that shares her smarts with others. Our goal is to provide a place for girls to spread their smarts, whatever they may be, find tools to succeed, and to be encouraged by other smart girls. 

That place is TheSmartGirlsGroup.com, where there will be all different smart spaces, including our monthly guide. This magazine, called The Smart Girl's Guide, is written by our "Smarts Sharers" and the columns range from current affairs to style to health to college prep. It is relatively short, only about 30 pages long. We decided on this size because this way, a reader can easily print out the entire magazine or specific articles. Plus, we want every busy girl to have time to read it. Some of the Smarts Sharers include:
and Christina from Prep International!

One of our photographers is:
Mackenzie from Twirl and Curl

The guide is by no means preppy, though; rather, it is a well rounded handbook for how to be the real smart girl. These girls, as well as others, come from all over the continent and we guarantee that any girl who would like to get involved in the movement is welcome to. We promise, we will find them a position. 

Our position titles are not like ones you would see on a typical brand. There is no Founder/President, Vice President, etc. Instead, we have names that really explain the positions. For example, I am a Smart Sharers. Our photographers are Smart Shooters. 

One position that we didn't mention about was the Smart Story Sharers. This is anyone, anyone at all, who shares The Smart Girls Group story; how we are a community of encouragers and motivators that are out to empower smart girls to pursue their passions. We ask you to be some of our first Smart Story Sharers. Please, tell others about our movement. Tell your daughters, nieces, friends, cousins, anyone who would get something out of our little project. If you or someone you know would want to get involved, just contact us! We have an opportunity for you to spread your smarts, even if you are a little bit lost about what they are exactly.

Please spread the word! If you would like, you can add the button on the side of my blog to yours as well! Any way we can spread the smarts is perfect! 

Please be sure to check out The Smart Girls Group and follow us on TwitterTumblrFacebook, and Pinterest!

I am truly excited for this to begin!
Won't you join me?

xoxo,

Royar
{The Young Southern Prep}

5 comments:

  1. I think this is a fantastic idea! I can't wait to read it and check everything out. If you need a little older perspective-32-let me know! I would love to be a part of this. I am all for strong, independent girls and look forward to reading more. Great idea!!! I will def put your button on my blog!

    (My computer is acting funny and if you got this comment more than once I am so sorry!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I cannot wait to check it out tonight when I get off of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great group of girls! If you would ever like a college girl's perspective let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to write for the accompanying blog! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just getting around to catching up on reading blogs...this is such a great idea!! How exciting, can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments! Thanks for leaving one! XOXO