1. Go to bed earlier & be more productive in the morning: This was my resolution last year, but I would really like to be asleep before midnight every night so I can get up earlier, and do more, like going to the gym before school.
2. Stop wasting my time on social media: The amount of times I check Facebook and the like is excessive, especially multiple times in a row, just because.
3. Let go of multitasking: There are certain times I need to just let go and focus on one thing at a time. Example: on the treadmill, I feel like I should be reading a book, while listening to music, and reading CNN on the TV in front of me. As Socrates said, "Beware the barrenness of a busy life." I am only one person, so I need to start doing one thing at a time.
4. Stop letting others influence my life: I found a great quote on Pinterest the other day, "A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep." Too often, I let others thoughts about me make me really upset, even if I don't know them or don't like them. I am who I am, and I need to be confident in it.
5. Swim more, run less: While I love to run, it is really hard on my legs/knees/ankles, and I love to swim, bike, etc., and I need to change up my workouts more.
6. Appreciate every day: My life is going to get really exciting this year, but before graduation, camp, recruitment, college, I have a bit to go. I want to really cherish the last few months I'm spending with my classmates and school.
7. Write more in my journal: I love to write, but I always forget to or I'm too tired at night. I love to read my previous entries, and I just need to open up my journal and write, even if it's only a sentence.
8. Less Diet Coke, more coffee: DC is so bad for me, and I want to cut it down to once a week and make it an occasional treat. I also want to start having just water whenever I go out to eat.
9. Take care of myself more: I take care of myself, but I want to start having my nails done every week, doing my hair, start wearing eye makeup every day, and make my life a little more fabulous, even if it just for myself. I'm worth it.
10. Work harder: It's my last semester of high school, and I want to leave my mark and have my best semester yet. This spring, I'm also taking quite a few AP exams and I want to do really well on them so I can take better courses next year.
What are your resolutions?