Nov 19, 2012

Perspective


So Friday may or may not have been the longest day of my life. But at 4:20, I logged into my status check for UGA, and clicked the "view now". Not really knowing what to expect, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and looked at the screen. 

I got deferred. 

It doesn't mean I got denied, but it also certainly means I wasn't accepted. My application needs a little more time to develop. So now I get to write some fun essays, talk about myself, and hopefully be admitted in the coming months. While I would have loved to have been admitted for early action, it's not the end of the world. I'm not a perfect student, but I know I will leave high school with few regrets, and if that causes UGA to not accept me in the long run, so be it. God has a plan for me, and I'm just along for the ride.

Besides, at the same time a year ago, I was getting accepted into Mission Training for Operation Smile. Would I have rather gotten into UGA this year, or not gone to India last year?

You bet I'd take India a million times over.


xoxo,

Royar
{The Young Southern Prep}

4 comments:

  1. You have a great outlook on this! As a college senior, applying to college seems so long ago, but I certainly remember the day when I found out that I didn't get into 2 schools that I applied too. I was already accepted into 2 others at the time. And while one of those schools was my "dream" school, and I did tear up about it for a moment or two, I realized that that wasn't where I was meant to be. I love the school that I picked to attend, it's a perfect fit for me and I feel like this is where I was meant to come all along!
    Like you said, God has a plan and everything will workout in his timing!!

    xoxo,
    Kaitlyn

    keepinupwithkaitlyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will all work out sweetie - I promise!!! God absolutely has a plan and while difficult as it is senior year to deal with and all!

    This was me 4 years ago (which makes me feel realllly old). I fell in love with one school and was borderline to get in. I ended up applying early decision so it was binding if I was accepted (I was basically guaranteed acceptance this way). I knew I was accepted by this time 4 years ago and it was nice to not be stressing about it. Well freshman year came and I didn't love it the way I thought I did - way too small, middle of nowhere, and just not for me. I ended up transferring and it was the best decision ever. I couldn't be happier!

    So my point being regardless of what happens it will work out one way or another. I know you are accepted at one school so in reality the worst is over because you have an option. Enjoy senior year because it flies by!!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!! Not that I'm much help, but let me know if you ever have questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweet girl!
    I definitely know the feeling. I was deferred at first and so were TONS of other people who actually go to UGA. It's something that can be really confusing, but it's TOTALLY not the end of the world. I know a girl who got deferred at first, but ended up getting tons of scholarships and even is now on Arch Society (the highest honor at UGA!) Keep your head up and good luck with your college search!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone's comments. I think you have the perfect outlook one the situation right now. I was not acepted into my "dream" school when I was a Senior in HS and I ended up attending a school I thought was ok but ended up being someplace I fell in love with the moment I started classes. I am blessed to have graduated from UNC and now work there. God has a mysterious plan for us all and we don't get to see the whole picture all the time. Good luck with the rest of your applications.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments! Thanks for leaving one! XOXO