Sep 14, 2012

C'est La Vie

True life: I take things really hard. I don't like it when people don't like me, or when things don't go exactly my way. 

While I know that this is not indicative of 'the real world', I have always been either too naive or ignorant to not realize that not everyone loves me, or I've just brushed it off.

However, life doesn't always go as planned, and I've learned that a lot in high school. But sometimes, excuse my french, life sucks, but the suns sets, and the sun rises, and life goes on, with or without you. Somedays you're the shoe, and somedays you're the spider getting killed by the shoe. 

Yesterday was an awesome example.  Something I had been planning for a while was pretty much pulled out from under my feet, and let me just say, I was not prepared for it. Add this to being super sick all day, I was a little extra snarky, yes. I try to tell myself that there's a reason for everything, and that this is just a sign pointing me to another direction, but the fact of the matter is it still necessitates a good long cry, and a few episodes of Sex and the City. Afterwards, I really got to thinking about how silly I was acting. As anyone will tell you, I get so worked up so much that I can't see the forest for the trees, and that creates tunnel vision where I really can't see that, truly, you can jump on the train, or you can wait and watch it leave without you. There will be other tests, colleges, boys, and opportunities. 

Maybe life really isn't about what knocks you down, but how gracefully you get back up, and all that matters is that you get back after it, and let go after awhile.

Somedays, I can follow my own advice, and somedays I only follow half.  But you can't take it on all at once, and I know one day it will all fall into place.


Because honestly, any day we have two feet on the grounds, a sun in the sky, and love in our hearts, is a win in my book.

xoxo,

Royar
{The Young Southern Prep}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every one of your comments! Thanks for leaving one! XOXO