Aug 8, 2010

Colorado!

Sunday morning, I boarded a plane and flew to Denver, CO!  That night, Jessica Simpson talked to us and we all got checked in.

On Monday, we had lectures all day and met with our team to make up our chant and paint our banner.  Monday night we had our I-Party or International Party.  Everyone brings things from their country or state and the really big states/countries like Virginia and Ireland have tables.  It was really fun to see all the things the countries brought and to dance with all of my friends! 

Tuesday, we spent all day at Denver Adventures.  I went canoeing, hiking and rock climbing and got to meet a group of people I can now honestly call my best friends. 
Our hiking group

Our view during our hike!

Wednesday, we had our team games and more lectures.  Team Bolivia finished 5 and 5. 
Goooo Bolivia!


Wednesday night we had our Final Party at the Denver Aquarium! It was so much fun to walk around with my friends and look at all the exhibits. After we walked around the aquarium, we danced the night away...
Some of the boys from Team Bolivia




I can honestly say that the conference changed my life.  In my school club, politics and drama often cloud the vision of what we’re really trying to do: raise money for a very deserving organization.  I met so many people from around the world and I miss them so much already.  I can’t wait for BEIJING 2011!


xoxo,


Royar
{The Young Southern Prep}

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had an amazing time with everyone from Operation Smile, and I can't believe you got to see Jessica Simpson!

    I love Bodo's bagels! When I'm in Charlottesville, I usually go to the one right beside Starbucks and have a bagel with my latte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a fabulous time! I love Bodos and I love Charlottesville!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments! Thanks for leaving one! XOXO